The WordPress Command line, by example
Get more work done by utilising the amazing tool, WP CLI. This is a wonder tool for WordPress professionals and it’s not being used to its full potential.
This course is going to be the ultimate guide to using and benefiting from the WP CLI.
Did you know that with the WP CLI, you can remotely or locally via the command line:
– Update, remove and install plugins remotely
– Create and run custom commands?
– Regenerate thumbnails remotely
– Change options like your site url
– Download, install and serve a WordPress
In the book, we will
– Scaffold a new WordPress local install
– Create defaults for local projects
– Serve the WordPress site locally without the use of a LAMP/MAMP stack, ie, no apache.
– Manage plugins
– Manage themes
– Create backups and project archives
– Automate backups via crontab
– Set php options
Under our “Common tasks” section, we’ll cover
– Change your home and site url
– Update a users password
– Create a new user
– Search and replace strings
– Regenerate thumbnails
All via the command line.